Thanks to an absentee fairy godmother, I had to make do with my own dress-up skills for the ball. That classy black paper bracelet is my "ticket".

My friend Julia and I switched around some seat nametags at dinner so we could sit together. Note that my wine glasses are still mostly full at this point, so my smile must have been authentic. :) And look at Julia's bracelet - it's an oar!!

My attempt at finger waves - this was taken AFTER the ball so hopefully they looked better at the beginning...

I went to a conference the day after the ball (actually, more like 4 hours after the ball...). 40 people I don't know (and my one friend) listened to my talk, asked questions, chatted with me over lunch, etc. Then at the end of the day I went to the bathroom and realized that I was still wearing TONS OF MAY BALL MAKEUP. Yikes! It must have been industrial strength makeup to survive my shower. What must those historians of education think of the speaker who talked about the history of the blackboard while wearing glittery blue eyeshadow?! No photos of that, luckily.
My boat club won everything there was to win in May Bumps - including this massive silver trophy and a "barrel" of beer to go with it! We held a BBQ to go with the barrel o' beer (and the World Cup game on TV in the background!) the day after the ball.


Wow, two weeks of May Bumps and then May Balls. I need a week of detox. I'm off to Leeds tomorrow for a conference, so maybe a few days of ideas and academics will set me right. IS MY LIFE FOR REAL?! :)
1 comment:
What an awesome rockstar life you lead, my friend! ;)
Love, Laurie
Post a Comment