Today I started Chapter 1 (ahhh!!):
'On Thursday, September 16, 2010, 9:30am, preparator Steve Jabo of the National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C., had a list of things to do. He wanted to: pick through a small Ziploc bag of matrix to look for microscopic mammal teeth and start gluing them back in place on the tiny jaw, deliver a set of new lightbulbs to FossiLab, replace the microscope light bulb in the Type Room, sort out a mistaken work order for the lab’s air filtration system, email someone to find out about getting a more powerful microscope objective lens (so he could work more easily on the tiny mammal jaw), finish the second jacket half for an early horse holotype skull (although he seemed undecided about whether to bother or just leave it with half a jacket, because “it’s already more protected now than it was” without any jacket), mold (and eventually cast) a holotype rodent skull, “and I have to finish my coffee.”'
I love my job! ("job"?)
Tuesday, 15 February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If your whole shibang is written like this then it will be hugely sellable and readable science! AMAZING! (I've always loved your writing!)
Post a Comment