Thursday, 14 January 2010

"Dear Ms. Wylie..."

"... Your manuscript entitled "Setting a Standard for a "Silent" Disease: Defining Osteoporosis in the 1980s and 1990s" has been successfully submitted online and is presently being given full consideration for publication in the Social History of Medicine."

Woohoo!! My first journal article - submitted! Phew, I wrote it a YEAR ago and have been editing/ignoring it ever since. And then it took me three days to figure out how to work the online submission website - seriously! Maybe you need a PhD to be smart enough to get everything to upload right?

Now I just have to wait six months for my first rejection letter. Woohoo.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I wonder how this all worked pre-Internet. 6 months?!?! They read slower than my 1st graders. Psh. Very cool though - keep us updated on what happens!

Laurie said...

Yay!!! That's awesome, Caitlin! You're making your mark on history already, you cool cat.

Jenn Mizen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Sean said...

Hooray! Cannot wait to get my signed copy.