Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Reves de la Riviera

Kelley narrated our epic weekend in Les Adrets de l'Esterel in fabulous style:

http://kelleyswain.wordpress.com/2011/12/13/markets-santons-un-hibou/

Please read her summary of our fun and adventures, and enjoy some extra photo evidence here...

But let's just say that the whole experience was like being in the first scene of Beauty and the Beast - there were mountains (l'Esterel, and snowy Alps in the distance) and sea (Mediterranean) and fields and lovely rolling forested hills everywhere, and everyone in this little town said "Bonjour, Kelley!" all the time. Totally wonderful. I got to speak lots of French, and think lots about my summer spent in the other south side of France (Montpellier) and be incredibly grateful for that experience and for my ability to communicate (roughly) with people whose lives are really very different from mine. We also saw the scenery in style, with me clutching Kelley as she navigated her little Vespa up and down mountains and around roundabouts. AND we saw Twilight in French, shown in the town hall. (OMG!!!! Very cultural. :) )

How lucky am I to have friends who are up for adventures?!?!

Kelley in her friend's convertible Mini Cooper, riding through Nice. Yeah, that happened. WOW.

Mediterranean sky

Kelley kick-starting the Vespa

Twilight at the town hall... because "eternity is only the beginning." Ahh!!

Alps and the Baie de Cannes from my EasyJet window

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you made the trip! I had an amazing time - thank you for coming to see this little part of the world where I'm living for the moment :D