Here's a collection of amazingly insightful things I've written on students' essays today:
-"Remember - 'now' is irrelevant"
-"DON'T CAPITALIZE RANDOM WORDS." (This is like the third time I've told him that... it's Driving me Crazy to read things Written like this.)
-"Are you saying empiricism was pragmatic?"
-"THESIS!" (with an arrow)
-"What country are you writing about?"
-"Needs more commas"
-"What's this mean?"
-"?" (lots of times)
-":)" (only once - when a kid wrote that Newton "is an outstanding example of the value of long vacations!" because Newton did most of his experiments at home when he was on break from Cambridge)
Mystery #1: Why they let me do this job
Mystery #2: How undergrads learn ANYTHING with feedback like this!
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mystery #3: How kids who write like this get into Cambridge!!! Oy vey.... I'm dealing with random capitalizations in 4th grade!!!
Although in college I got a lot of the "THESIS!" with an arrow" on my papers ...
at least you don't have to read their exams in spring, do you?
@Deeena, remember all of these kids thought they were going to be Natural Science focused until about 6 months ago. How many incoherent bio majors are there? a lot.
Post a Comment