Sunday, 23 May 2010

How I waste my time

Rowing sucks away my energy in every sense - my physical, emotional, and patience-for-other-people's-problems energy.
However, it does sometimes produce absolutely fabulous photos. THANKS to my teammate's boyfriend who took these of our race today!

Here we are putting the boat in the water. (I'm on the right, with the striped pants.)

Here's me putting my game face on...

... and immediately taking it off. Intimidating faces - seriously?! Get real.

Here's me messing up! See how my oar is out while everyone else's is in? and how guilty my face looks? DAMN, how could my friend have captured on film this exact instant of me sucking? Luckily this was BEFORE the race...

Here's me looking focused... not. I was reaching for the bank to stop the boat for our break before the race - and apparently I was ready for a break!

Here we are actually racing down the beautiful Cam, in super hot weather and full-on sunshine! Idyllic, right? Rowing is like this only 0.0001% of the time, I swear.

Here we are rowing home after the race. See those white specks on the photo? That's not lint - it's falling flower petals! Really! Amazing.


Here I am back at the boathouse, looking flushed and irritated. Oops. I need to work on my I-love-rowing act.

Here we are discussing the race - over cake and candy! I like this part of racing. A lot.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

BEAUTIFUL is right! Glad you're enjoying some nice weather after such a crappy winter. I love that you eat cake after a race, how sweet is that!? Do you drink tea too? :)