I have a horrible cold/chest infection and have been coughing my guts out for two weeks now. Besides the benefits of finally understanding what it must have been like to have tuberculosis in the 19th century, this sucks. I haven't been rowing, I haven't been walking to my department, I really haven't been moving much at all.
So today I went to yoga class, as a calm, low-impact way to make my body do something beside hack. It was good, and I only got a few mean glares from people around me as my coughing disturbed their zen. Then, our instructor told us to go on our hands and knees, stretch our sit-bones (don't ask), inhale, lift our right knee to the side until it's parallel to the floor, and "wee on the wall."
WEE ON THE WALL?! Did the honey-voiced, soothing, semi-personality-less and robot-like yoga instructor just tell a bunch of Cambridge yoga devotees to WEE on the WALL? It was actually a pretty great description of the way he wanted us to move, and everyone else calmly assumed the position, but I couldn't take it. I laid on my side, scrunched my sit-bones, and laughed til my voice was gone and I just laughed silently. No one else seemed to get it... but that 30 seconds of laughter was a better workout than the previous hour of yoga.
Wednesday, 10 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Best. Thing. EVER. Just read it aloud to my apartment and we feel you 100%.
Post a Comment