Wednesday, 10 June 2009

More adventures in rowing... (sorry!)

Today, in 55ºF rain that soaked us then stopped just long enough for our race then poured down again, Clare Hall bumped Queens College.
(See my post about Lent Bumps this winter... the same race happens again in June!)

Our cox's caption for this photo from after our race (the teams who bump put leaves in their hair to tell the crowd that they bumped so the spectators can cheer...): "Even fixing the greenery goes in synchrony! Well done, girls."
I'm #3 from the front of the boat/back of the picture.

At one of our training races a few weeks ago, the wind was UNBELIEVABLE and it felt like we were rowing against a hurricane. Our captain's description of this photo: "The windiest race ever...We make some rather funny faces, only Caitlin seems to be very happy :-)"
Oops. I guess my face gave it away that I was enjoying the experience and maybe not working very hard... :)

For a good time (or to make fun of me for thinking something as boring as rowing can be a good time), listen to the Cambridge radio station reporting on today's race. HILARIOUS.

http://bumps.cur1350.co.uk/podcasts/2009mays/Day%201%20W4.mp3

In other news, the past few weeks have been academic nirvana leading up to my thesis deadline on Monday. End-of-the-year/finals season was my favorite time in college, and this year was no different.
And, like previous years, I'm still recovering and will have to postpone writing about it til after my nap. :)
Happy summer!!!

No comments: