Sunday, 23 November 2008

11.5 hours til deadline

After 10 of the most crazy and wonderful days ever, during which I've been crazy sick, in Germany, training for my first rowing race, hosting my dad, falling for a British boy, hurting my ankle, and dealing with winter...
I think I've finished my first essay of graduate school.

The story of the pliosaur fossil and the sociology of the fossil preparator's role in paleontology has been spell-checked, has footnotes and pictures, is under the 5000 word limit (after cutting what felt like 10000 words), and has given me 6 weeks of research joy and heartache... so it must be ready to turn in.

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the examiners don't mind my American spelling. :)
I'll have to wake up tomorrow to print it and turn it in and go to the pub with my classmates and THEN I'm going to sleep for next 10 days and try not to worry about the meaning of this incomprehensible website:
http://www.hps.cam.ac.uk/students/markingmphil.html

Happy Monday!
zzzzzzzz

5 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! The sweetest victories are those won under extreme conditions. Hooray for sharing and baring with us, lady. (!!!)

yaya said...

Oy, I'm with you on the crazy starts of grad school, but it's all so exciting!! Way to finish that research paper!
Your grading policy sounds a LOT like ours (honors high pass, high pass, pass, and fail).
Good luck with the British lad wooing, mhmmm!

Katie M said...

wow. I am interested in the full stories on germany, rowing, your paper, and most importantly, the british boy. please elaborate.

akv said...

yes tell us more about the race, Germany, and the boy!!
<3 a

JanetPG said...

Belated Happy Thanksgiving, Caitlin!
Love from the Gayes